Om Pooja Shop presents a Natural Tulsi wood (Sacred basil) mala delicate 7mm beads with traditional knots between each bead. The Tulsi Mala is used for worshipping Lord Ram, Lord Krishna and especially Lord Vishnu. Tulsi or Sacred Basil is considered one of the most sacred of the woods used in Indian worship and the Tulsi plant is believed to be an incarnation of the Divine. Tulsi is reported to possess remarkable physical and spiritual healing properties and helps to improve devotion and love in the heart.
To empower the mala, and the mantra used in association with this mala, japa (mantra meditation) should be practiced once each day for 40 consecutive days.
When the mala becomes empowered, it can then be worn to transmit the energy of the mantra and the energetic qualities of the mala to the wearer. If you use a different mantra, the energy of the previous mantra becomes replaced by the new one. For this reason, many people have different malas for different mantras.
No. of Beads: 108 + 1 Beads
Circumference: 28 inches (72 cm) approx
Diameter of beads: 7 mm approx
The word ‘japa’ means ‘to rotate’. One way the rotation of consciousness is achieved is by use of the tool of a ‘mala’, a garland or string of beads. A japa mala (rosary) usually consists of 108 beads in addition to the merubead. The number 108 has several meanings. Some of them are:
27 constellations x 4 padas (parts) = 108
12 zodiac houses x 9 planets = 108
Upanishats Scriptures of the Vedas = 108
In other words, 108 beads represent the entire universe.
Benefits of the Tulsi Mala
There are many benefits of Tulsi tree. You can simply eat tulsi leave to get rid of cold. Tulsi mala builds strong confidence and helps you to fight against the problems of day to day life.
The wearer of tulsi mala is able to fight against all the odds of life and to get a victory. Some other advantages of Tulsi mala are given below.
- It helps in many health complications
- It builds strong will power and confidence
- It makes both financial and spiritual growth
- It helps you to get final emancipation
- It takes you nearer to lord Vishnu
- It helps in headache, bold pressure and psychological issues
- It helps to improve concentration
- It helps to make progress in education and to chose the right career option
- It brings fortune and luck in life
- It helps to fight against stress and pressure
- It fills life with all the worldly pleasures
How to use a Japa mala:
1. Keep the index finger and thumb spread so that they are perpendicular to each other.
2. Make a group of rest of the three fingers and bring them together to make them perpendicular to the index finger.
3. Place the mala on the middle finger while keeping the index finger pointing away from you. Index finger symbolizes our ego. So, we need to ensure it does not touch any bead. In other words, we must park our ego separately during meditation.
4. Start chanting the mantra from bead next to the Guru bead, i.e. starting bead is above the Guru bead so that the Guru bead is not crossed.
5. Continue chanting the mantra for each bead till you reach the Guru bead.
When the Guru bead is reached, mala should be turned around to start the next cycle of chanting from the last bead(108th). As a matter of respect to the Guru, while counting the beads, Guru bead should never be crossed. Also, remember that the movement of beads should always be towards you, to invite the auspicious Divine Energy into you.